#school #computing,schoolcomputing,student #information #systems,www.edusensenote.com,course #management #systems,parent #portals,scheduling #software # # #sites,student #grades #online,www.kornukopia.com,www.k12net.com
Student Information Systems
A Student Information System (SIS) manages student records and information. A SIS may handle course management, scheduling, personnel records, grades/comments, room/resource management and more. They can be used to run complex enrollment reports, admissions, course schedules, grades and more. A SIS helps schools manage various operations including student data, administrative, and fundraising operations. SIS is different from Course or Learning Management Systems (CMS or LMS) A SIS allows for the quick and accessible flow of information. A SIS provides teachers and administrative staff with useful tools to automate the daily routine of simple tasks. Many SIS are web-based allowing access from any computer with an internet connection with no additional software installation. The management of web-based software is much more centralized and easier to keep updated. By implementing a SIS to manage daily school needs, teachers and administrators can save time and have immediate access to a variety of student data. These systems are needed for all parties involved in education – parents, children, teachers, administrators, alumni, etc. A SIS allows parents a quick and easy way to communicate with their children’s teachers or the school administration. Parents are more involved when they receive up-to-date information about the school events, grades, school attendance, homeworks etc. Teachers receive automated grade-books, reports, links to parent info, etc. Students may access assignments and grades.
Student Information Systems Edit
Commercial SIS Providers: Edit
Free and Open Source SIS Edit
- zeroerp education-school management software free demo with all features
- Kornukopia A free SAAS Student Information System with LMS and LCMS modules.
- A1 Academia – an Open Source Campus Student Information System
- CAMEMIS – Free Education Management Information System which is run on web based with full features.
- Centre SIS – an Open Source Student Information System
- ClaSS complete web-based student information and school managment system
- OS4Ed – a fork of Centre
- DART – Standards-based SIS – Integrates with Mediawiki-based curriculum system; 15 new modules to extend functions; all grading systems now supported.
- eduTrac an Open Source College Management System powered by PHP and tinyPHP MVC Framework.
- Fedena – Web based enterprise solution for Schools and Colleges built in Ruby on Rails
- Open Admin
- openSIS A new paradigm in open source SIS
- RosarioSIS – another fork of Centre/SIS
- Student Data System (Customizable, web-based WEB 2.0 )
- SchoolTime – (online student information system)
Customer Relations Management (CRM) Edit
(These might be adaptable to serve the role of a student info system.)