Fact US employees spend 2.8 hours per week dealing with conflict – amounting to approximately $359 billion in paid hours annually. * 95% of the US workforce report experiences of incivility from co-workers.* Unresolved conflict represents the largest reducible cost in many businesses, yet it remains largely unrecognized.* A complaint that escalates to a lawsuit can easily cost $50,000 to $100,000 and take three to five years to settle. It doesn’t stop there.* Learn More *Based on 2008 data. Study commissioned by CPP Inc. publishers of the Myers-Brigg Assessment. *The Cost of Bad Behavior, Christine Pearson and Christine Porath. * Dana, Daniel (1999). Measuring the Financial Cost of Organizational Conflict. MTI Publications and Slaikev, K. and Hasson, R. (1998). Controlling the Cost of Conflict. Jossey-Bass. * Taylor, Robin, WorkplaceTiffs Boosting Demand for Mediators. National Post Mar. 17/03.
- February 24, 2016 Webinar – Structured Professional Judgment (CONCEPT)
- March 21 – May 23, 2016 Online Training – Spring Training Session (CONCEPT)
- March 23, 2016 Webinar – Legal Issues and Violence Risk (CONCEPT)
- April 20, 2016 Webinar – Victim Safety Planning (CONCEPT)
- April 25-29, 2016 Foundational Violence Risk Assessment and Management Workshop – Toronto, ON Canada
- April 27, 2016 & October 7, 2016 HCR-20 Train-the-Trainer – London and York, UK
- May 18, 2016 Webinar – HCR-20 Research Update (CONCEPT)
- June 13 – 17, 2016 Advanced Violence Risk Assessment and Management Workshop – Toronto, ON Canada
- June 15, 2016 Triage Workshop – Summer Training Institute (CONCEPT) – New York, NY USA
- June 16 – 17, 2016 SARA V3 Workshop – Summer Training Institute (CONCEPT) – New York, NY USA
- July 19 – 20, 2016 Sexual Violence Risk Assessment Workshop – Burlington, Ontario
- September 19 – 23, 2016 Foundational Violence Risk Assessment and Management Workshop – Vancouver, BC Canada
- September 26-27th, 2016 John McDonald, CEO ProActive ReSolutions to be a Keynote Speaker at Communicate 2016
- September 28, 2016 Webinar – SARA Research Update (CONCEPT)
- October 11-12, 2016 Sexual Violence Risk Assessment Workshop – Toronto, Ontario
- October 26, 2016 Webinar – Violence Triage (CONCEPT)
- October 26, 2016 Respectful Workplace Foundations – Vancouver, BC, Canada – Open Training – Morning Session
- October 26, 2016 October 26, 2016 – Respectful Workplace Foundations – Vancouver, BC, Canada – Open Training – Afternoon Session
- November 4, 2016 Workplace Violence Prevention Open Training – November 4th, 2016 – Edmonton, Alberta
- November 16, 2016 Webinar – Violence Risk Communication (CONCEPT)
- November 28 – December 2, 2016 Advanced Violence Risk Assessment and Management Workshop – Vancouver, BC Canada
- December 14, 2016 Webinar – Threat Assessment Team Challenges (CONCEPT)
Explore Our Products
Building Respectful Workplaces.
John M. McDonald Managing Director and Conflict Management Specialist
Richard D. Hart LLB, C.Arb, Director and Conflict Management Specialist
ProActive ReSolutions works with organizations to build respectful workplaces. Our products help to prevent conflict, repair relationships that have been harmed by conflict, and protect people whose health and safety is threatened by conflict. Our strength is our standardized, evidence-based and integrated programs coupled with our passionate experts drawn from a wide range of professions including employee relations, law, forensic psychology, media, restorative justice, social policy, policing and education.
The impact of workplace conflict and disrespectful behaviour is felt by everyone in an organization. These behaviours can affect co-workers, employees or peers self-esteem, well being and negatively impact work relationships, friendships and productivity.
A Respectful Workplace requires the cooperation and support from each and every employee in the organization. All employees have a responsibility to set a positive example and behave in a manner which will not offend, embarrass or humiliate others. ProActive Resolutions helps organizations establish and maintain Respectful Workplace behaviours and policies.
Conflict by definition is different to a dispute or disagreement. Conflict always involves more than two people, is always complex, never lends itself to a simple solution, is never resolved by an investigation and must always involve everyone affected to achieve a sustainable resolution. ProActive’s Restorative Justice Conferencing product is an evidence-based, robust and sophisticated approach to transforming complex workplace conflicts into sustainable workplace solutions. By engaging directly with those involved in the conflict, ProActive’s Restorative Justice Conferencing clarifies the causes of the conflict, highlights the harmful consequences of the conflict and develops a realistic and appropriate plan for cooperation, based on the experience of those affected by the conflict.
Violence Risk Assessment
Violence is a fact of life. Adults have up to a one-in-four chance of being a victim of violence in the workplace. For this reason employers have a legal responsibility to take reasonable steps to protect their employees from violence. ProActive’s tools for assessing and managing the risk of violence are state-of-the-art: we not only use them ourselves, we build capacity in organizations by training others to use them. The goal of our threat assessment and violence prevention services is to improve an organization’s ability to prevent and respond to the risk of violence on an ongoing basis in order to minimize harm to employees both within and outside of the workplace.
Building Respectful Behaviour. Our Respectful Workplace products prevent problems between people by helping them deal with each other in a respectful manner. Our training programs and specialized processes help people to cooperate and support each other, be accountable and speak up effectively when things are not going well. People who know how to build strong relationships and deal with difficult situations are more content, perform better, and deal with change much more easily. All key elements to achieving Respectful Behaviour in the workplace.
Reconciling Differences. ProActive helps repair and reconcile differences damaged by unresolved conflict and harmful behaviour. We provide ways for people to reconcile differences, put the past behind them and learn from each other. When organizations help people repair and reconcile differences and transform their conflict into cooperation, they create more effective and robust workplaces.
Minimize Harm. We help minimize harm by providing violence risk assessment and management products —also called threat assessment and management—when there are warning signs of actual, attempted or threatened harm of an employee or the employee’s family, friends or property. First, ProActive can work with workplaces to triage, making rapid decisions regarding the nature and level of risk and whether any emergency response is required. Second, when the triage indicates it is required, we conduct comprehensive violence risk assessments to get a full picture of the risks faced by the workplace and develop an appropriate management plan. Third, we assist workplaces to implement, evaluate, and update their risk management plans.