Nationwide offers some of the lowest bank fees around:
- $0 monthly maintenance fee
- $0 non-Nationwide Bank ATM transactions, up to 8 transactions per statement cycle. Fees from the ATM owner may apply.
- $0 online statements detailing your monthly activity.
- $0 money transfers within Nationwide Bank, and to your accounts with other banks
- See all transactional fees associated with this account and how to avoid them here .
Premier member benefits
Gain access to these additional premier member benefits:
- $0 unlimited, non-Nationwide Bank ATM transactions. Fees from the ATM owner may apply.
- 0.25% cash back reward when your debit card purchases exceed $1,200 in a statement cycle; this feature unlocks 180 days after you initially fund the account. Total reward capped at $20 per month.
How to earn the premier member benefits. At the end of each statement cycle, you must be the account owner of one or more qualifying Nationwide products in addition to Nationwide Member Checking. Qualifying Nationwide products include:
- Another bank account, loan or credit card
- Auto insurance
- Most property insurance including homeowners. renters and condo insurance
- Personal umbrella
- Pet insurance
- Individual life insurance and annuities purchased through Nationwide Exclusive Agents
Checking interest rates
Fees may reduce the earnings on the account.
Experience the convenience of an online checking account
At Nationwide, we value you as a member. It starts with convenience and security, and it just gets better from there.
- Access to more than 77,000 surcharge-free ATMs .
- Only $25 required to open an account.
- Free access to our online banking with convenient ways to pay bills and pay people
- Free online personal finance management tool.
- Free mobile app for 24/7 banking wherever you are – including mobile deposit, person-to-person payment, touch ID 1 and instant balance features.
- Link to a Nationwide savings or money market account to cover overdrafts on your checking account.
- We keep your account safe with a layered security protocol .
- FDIC insurance. Each depositor is insured to at least $250,000.
Get started with your new checking account.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Nationwide Mutual Fire Insurance Company, Nationwide Life Insurance Company, Nationwide Life and Annuity Insurance Company and Nationwide Investment Services Corporation are affiliates of Nationwide Bank. The insurance products and services offered through these affiliates of Nationwide Bank are not insured by the FDIC or any federal government agency, nor are they guaranteed by, deposits of or obligations of Nationwide Bank. The products and services offered through Nationwide Investment Services Corporation are subject to investment risk, including possible loss of value.
Programs (including, without limit, fees, rates and features) are subject to change without notice.
Nationwide, the Nationwide N and Eagle, Nationwide is on your side and Nationwide Bank are service marks of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. ©2017
Nationwide Bank, Member FDIC, is a federally chartered savings bank. Loans, lines of credit and credit cards are not insured by the FDIC. Nationwide Bank is an Equal Housing Lender.