Cameroon Finance

Feb 27 2018

Non-Profit Organizations

#nonprofit #healthcare #organizations


Non-Profit Organizations

If you are a Non-Profit Organization and you wish to apply for a Sale Tax Exemption (E) number, your organization is required to submit the Form STAX-1, available below, along with the following required documentation:

  • Form STAX-1, Application for Sales Tax Exemption ;
  • the articles of incorporation, if incorporated;
  • the organization’s constitution, if unincorporated;
  • the by-laws;
  • the IRS letter, reflecting federal tax-exempt status, if your organization has one (see the Internal Revenue Service’s website for information on becoming a non-profit organization);
  • the most recent financial statement (religious organizations do not need to submit a financial statement with the initial request);
  • A brief narrative that explains purposes, functions, and activities of your organization;
  • Brochures or other printed material explaining the purposes, functions, and activities of your organization; and
  • Any other information that describes the purposes, functions, and activities of your organization.

Note: There is no fee to apply. A charitable organization isn’t necessarily qualified because it has a charter from the Secretary of State s office designating it as a not-for-profit corporation, or an exemption from federal taxes under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Although the information is relevant, it doesn’t prove the charitable nature of the organization.

Please refer to the Illinois Administrative Code; Section 130.2007.

The information outlined above should be sent to the following address:

Sales Tax Exemption Section 3-520
Illinois Department of Revenue
101 W Jefferson St
Springfield IL 62702-5145

For more information please refer to PIO-37. Sales Property Tax Exemptions, or refer to our Publication 104 for a list of common sales tax exemptions. This publication identifies several of the most common sales tax exemptions, explains how retailers and service persons must document sales of tax-exempt items, and provides references to the Illinois Administrative Code for each exemption. For a complete listing refer to the Illinois Administrative Code; Section 130.120.

Written by admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *