This can be for several reasons, including:
- The provider has not yet received the minimum number of patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display. At Mount Sinai, and consistent with industry standards, we require a minimum of 30 surveys before we post results to ensure that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient experience.
- He or she may be a researcher or other type of provider that does not see patients.
- The provider practices in a specialty or office that does not use the specified surveys currently used for these ratings.
Patient Experience Star Ratings
At Mount Sinai, our mission is to provide exceptional patient care. To help patients feel more confident about their choice of doctors, we provide patient experience star ratings based on information collected by an independent organization, Press Ganey, which surveys hundreds of thousands of our patients every year. We hope this information will help you choose the doctor that is right for you.
What is the Patient Experience Star Rating?
The Patient Experience Star Rating reflects our patients perception of how well their Mount Sinai physician communicated with them during an office visit. The Star Rating is based on patient responses to three questions on the Clinician Group CAHPS (CG-CAHPS) Survey, a standardized questionnaire developed for use by Medicare:
- During this visit, did this provider explain things in a way that was easy to understand?
- During this visit, did this provider listen carefully to you?
- Would you recommend this provider s office to your family and friends?
Who receives a CG-CAHPS patient survey?
Patients are randomly selected to receive a survey, either via mail or email, in which they are asked to provide feedback about their experience. That feedback is shared with physicians and medical practice leaders to help us improve and to recognize exceptional physicians.
How is the rating calculated?
The star rating is calculated using the industry standard methodology to ensure validity and reliability.
What is a Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice Physician?
Mount Sinai Doctors Faculty Practice Physicians are full-time faculty members of the Icahn School of Medicine. These doctors are a central component of the Mount Sinai Health System’s patient-centered mission, across all aspects of patient care, research, and medical education.
Accepting New Patients
Contact the physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna POS
- Aetna PPO
- BCBS Direct Pay HMO/POS
- BCBS PPO
- Beech Street / PHCS
- CIGNA Healthcare HMO
- Cigna POS
- Cigna PPO
- Group Health Insurance (GHI) – HMO
- Group Health Insurance (GHI) – PPO
- HIP (all products EXCEPT Medicaid)
- Medicare Part B
- Oxford (Medicare)
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans – HMO
- Oxford Liberty
- United Empire
- United Healthcare – Mount Sinai Top Tier
- United Healthcare Commercial
Physicians and scientists on the faculty of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai often interact with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies to improve patient care, develop new therapies and achieve scientific breakthroughs. In order to promote an ethical and transparent environment for conducting research, providing clinical care and teaching, Mount Sinai requires that salaried faculty inform the School of their relationships with such companies.
Below are financial relationships with industry reported by Dr. Levitt during 2016 and/or 2017. Please note that this information may differ from information posted on corporate sites due to timing or classification differences.
Scientific Advisory Board:
- Amgen Inc.
- Janssen Biotech, Inc. formerly Centocor Biotech, Inc.
- Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC
- Pfizer Inc.
- Promius Pharma, LLC.
Mount Sinai’s faculty policies relating to faculty collaboration with industry are posted on our website. Patients may wish to ask their physician about the activities they perform for companies.
Physicians who provide services at hospitals and facilities in the Mount Sinai Health System might not participate in the same health plans as those Mount Sinai hospitals and facilities (even if the physicians are employed or contracted by those hospitals or facilities).
Information regarding insurance participation and billing by this physician may be found on this page, and can also be obtained by contacting this provider directly. Because physicians insurance participation can change, the insurance information on this page may not always be up-to-date. Please contact this physician directly to obtain the most up-to-date insurance information.
Insurance and health plan networks that the various Mount Sinai Health System hospitals and facilities participate in can be found on the Mount Sinai Health System website.