divorce lawyers in dallas tx
THE DALLAS DIVORCE SITE AND FAMILY LAW
This Dallas Divorce Lawyer site provides a wealth of information on divorce and family law related issues specifically relevant to residents of the Dallas, Fort Worth, Collin County communities, and also to residents of Texas and other areas of the United States. This is presented as a public service by the Jackson Law Group, Dallas-based Lawyers and Attorneys.
Earl Jackson and the Jackson Law Group are Dallas divorce lawyers who developed this comprehensive divorce and family law site to help you and the people of the State of Texas come to terms with divorce, the divorce process and family law issues. Topics included divorce guidelines, divorce bullet points, child custody, child support, support enforcement, and marital property.
If you are faced with divorce or a child custody dispute, domestic violence, enforcement of visitation or child support orders, think of Jackson. We are here to help you through the stress and uncertainty of these difficult times. The family law team at Jackson Law. The links on this page will take you to articles discussing specific aspects of divorce, divorce process, child custody, child support, community property, divorce decree modification, and enforcement.
If you are facing family law issues, the Plano Divorce Site is here to help you. Divorce/Family Law Bullet Points The following divorce/family law bullet points will make things easier on you, despite what your initial reaction may be. First, do the following:
- Calm down. Do not make emotionally charged decisions. Do not say things that you might later hear in court.
- Facebook and social media do not make statements or post pictures on Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest or any other social media site that you may come to regret. No disparaging statements about your spouse. No party down weekend pics. Do NOT put any personal information on your social media page in any way. Even if your page is a closed or locked page, recognize access can be ferreted out. Put nothing on social media.
- Organize and prepare for court early on. Copies of all financial statements, banking records, income tax returns, photographs, etc. will be needed.
- If children are involved, do not voluntarily leave the family residence unless there exists the possibility of physical violence, do not risk your health. Remove yourself to a safe environment and contact your lawyer immediately.
- If you no longer love your spouse, substitute courtesy.
- Always be skeptical. Always skeptical of anything your spouse, former spouse or significant other says.
- Information is power; do not tell your spouse more than you need to.
- Walk away from heated arguments or conflicts.
- Expect your spouse to resent your lawyer and attempt to undermine his or her influence.
- Do not make agreements or sign anything without talking to your lawyer first.
- When in conflict, trust your lawyer, not your spouse.
- Use your lawyer as a buffer, learn to say:
Talk to your lawyer, and have him talk to mine.
Texas Civil Litigation Lawyer Thomas P. Jackson, 36 years of practicing law in North Texas and of counsel with the Jackson Law Group. Tom is our Civil Litigation expert. If the case involves esoteric matters of civil litigation, collections or fraudulent transfers, we very often bring Tom Jackson into the case. His style and expertise have proven to be invaluable.