#coeur d alene real estate
Your Real Estate Career starts here! Complete your classes in just 2 weeks!
Steps to obtain your Idaho real estate salesperson license:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must not have a felony conviction in state or federal court within the last 5 years, or a misdemeanor involving fraud, misrepresentation or dishonest or dishonorable dealing in a state or federal court within the last 5 years.
- Complete and pass your 90 hour pre-licensing classes here at NIREA. (not available online) $695 total tuition includes all books and materials, plus an exam study text book and CD!
- Submit a fingerprint background check (through Pearson Vue). These take approximately 2 weeks to process. You may get your fingerprints taken before you start our real estate school. Otherwise, you can have these taken at the same time you take your final test at the testing center.
- Pass the Idaho National/State exam with a 70% or better score (through Pearson Vue).
- Submit a fully completed application for your real estate license to the Idaho Real Estate Commission (IREC) with the $160 fee. Including proof of a business Errors and Omissions (E O) insurance policy to the state. Speak with your new broker about this when you choose an office. They will direct you to their company plan. E O insurance cost is approximately $208 per year.
Broker / Associate Broker. You must be a licensed salesperson for 2 years before you can obtain a Broker/Associate Broker license. Then meet a certain amount of sales/productivity, complete a minimum of 90 hours of Broker pre-licensing courses, pass another fingerprint background check and pass the Idaho Broker National/State exam.