Big Data Insights
- Article Data lake and data warehouse – know the difference Data lake – is it just marketing hype or a new name for a data warehouse? Find out what a data lake is, how it works and when you might need one.
- Article 5 machine learning mistakes and how to avoid them Machine learning is not magic. It presents many of the same challenges as other analytics methods. Learn how to overcome those challenges and incorporate this technique into your analytics strategy.
- Article Three C’s of the connected customer in the IoT To optimize the connected customer experience, Blue Hill Research says organizations should build an IoT model based on three key features.
- Article Can data sharing help cure cancer? Clinical trials can bring new drugs – and new hope – to the market for cancer patients. Now, a new data sharing platform for clinical trial data brings even more hope.
- Article IoT security The internet of things, with about 6.4 billion external (and vulnerable) devices on networks, calls for a more rigorous approach to cybersecurity.
- Article Becoming Cognitive Cognitive computing is an outgrowth of artificial intelligence, with a healthy dose of big data thrown in.
- Article How openness can supercharge event stream analytics What does openness do for event stream analytics? David Loshin shows how it helps you speed and govern the full streaming analytics life cycle.
- Article Big data: The gold mine of investigative policing Find out what’s needed to capitalize on big data for a significant impact your investigators’ work and outcomes.
What is big data?
For most organizations, big data is the reality of doing business. It’s the proliferation of structured and unstructured data that floods your organization on a daily basis – and if managed well, it can deliver powerful insights.
Imagine being able to analyze data to determine the root cause of failures. Or detect fraudulent behavior before it affects revenue. Implementing the right solutions to make the most of your big data – from data management to analytics – can be key to your business success.
Big Data Analytics
As data floods your organization on a daily basis, the question is no longer What is big data? It’s What can we do with the big data we have? The answer, of course, is integral to the future of your business. With big data analytics, you can implement data mining, predictive analytics, text mining, forecasting and optimization to explore options and make the best possible business decisions.
Organizations with massive volumes of data are turning to Hadoop to extract value from all that information. But what is Hadoop, exactly – and how can it help your organization? Learn how Hadoop is evolving to meet the big data challenges of today and tomorrow. And how you can take advantage of data management, data visualization and analytics to get faster, more meaningful insights from your Hadoop environment.
Some say seeing is believing. But when it comes to data visualization, seeing is understanding. When your data comes to life in charts and graphs, you start to see things you’ve never seen before. Trends. Truths. Solutions that give you an edge over the competition. And now that big data has become pervasive in most organizations, data visualization is key to putting it in perspective.
Internet of Things
Connecting our cars, homes, gadgets and machines to the Internet creates a network of connected objects called the Internet of Things. How can the data streaming to and from these objects be understood to benefit your organization, improve your daily routine or address society’s biggest challenges? Find out now.
All Big Data Insights
SAS for Students Educators