Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Digital Media
Think visually, design your own success
The online Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Digital Media degree program competitively positions individuals to advance in their existing careers, transition to new ones, and reach professional goals. This degree is ideal for individuals who desire a career in graphic design or learn how to integrate graphic design and visual marketing to improve their skill-set and promote in their current career. Discovery of the student s own voice and purpose is the underlying goal of the program.
By working with the same tools and software used by design professional, students sharpen design skills and are prepared to forge ahead with a career or advance their career in this high demand industry. The program includes use and instruction in: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, compositing and drawing, presentation, photography, lighting, work flow, idea conception, internship, portfolio building, design history, color theory and typography.
The online BA in Graphic Design and Digital Media degree program provides a variety of courses that prepare students to be competitive in the workforce. The degree is structured to provide a foundation of specific topics in areas including: design and web design. The program will prepare professionals in design who are well rounded and well-versed in the key principles of design, typography, imaging, web design, scripting, and photography. The program is based around hands-on projects and portfolio building and cover a full gamut of key Design and Media topics. Students learn to build skills in strategy, innovative problem-solving, and critical thinking relevant to today s work environment and the rigorous curriculum prepare students to be competitive in the workforce. The online BA degree in Graphic Design and Digital Media also connects aspiring professionals with successful professionals, mentors, and accomplished faculty.
The online Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Digital Media degree program is designed to take students through a journey that embraces personal, professional, and spiritual transformation. Students graduating from the program will be equipped to address issues in a global context, with the ethical standards of a Christian heritage. In addition, students will leave the program with the capacity to self-reflect, think critically, lead and engage others, and make effective decisions.
Consistent with the University student outcomes, upon completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design and Digital Media degree, graduates will be able to:
- Examine the principles of professional typography.
- Apply the principles of professional design techniques and best-practices workflows.
- Use the principles of professional photography, imaging techniques, and best-practices workflows.
- Use the principles of professional web design techniques and best-practices workflows.
- Effectively present the initial concepts and final design implementation orally and in writing.
- Apply techniques to solve design problems from creation, through production, to final implementation.
- Work proficiently with the industry standard software.
- Integrate business concepts related to graphic design industry.
- Apply a Christian worldview to the moral and ethical questions inherent in the graphic design industry.
- Articulate the Christian graphic designer s place in the Kingdom of God.
- Apply techniques of professional presentation and promotion in the graphic design industry.
- Apply techniques of professional graphic design to build a professional portfolio of work.
- Effectively present information orally and in writing.
Prerequisites to Program
This serves as an admissions process general guide, may vary based on transfer units, test scores, etc. See your admissions counselor for your personal enrollment plan.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Live your purpose. Follow your passion. CBU Online is dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. Earning your degree at CBU Online is a short term investment with long term dividends.
- A cost effective education with financial aid options
- Apply for aid by completing the FAFSA, work individually with caring staff to explore financing options to complete your education
- Grants, Scholarships, Veteran s Benefits, Employer Tuition Assistance, Student Loans and Financing Plans available for those who qualify
- Yellow Ribbon Military Friendly School
Find and secure the resources you need to finance your educational investment. CBU Online works hard to provide an affordable and valuable education. We can help you identify, understand, and seek qualification for a variety of financing and financial aid options.
The first step is to fill-out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
CBU s FAFSA School Code: 001125
Click here for more Information about Financial Aid at CBU Online