2 PhD Positions in EU Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie ACTION ITN ETN Project, 2017
Up to 2 PhD Positions are available in EU Horizon 2020 Marie Sklodowska-Curie ACTION ITN ETN Project.
The objective is to provide scientific evidence about the effect of pressure, peak temperature and material feedstock on the main physicochemical properties of the obtained BC under both inert and CO2 atmospheres; to reproduce the experimental data obtained in a bench-scale reactor at pilot-plant scale.
The University of Zaragoza, sometimes referred to as Saragossa University is a university located in Zaragoza, in the Aragon region of Spain.
Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Thermochemical conversion of biomass (pyrolysis and hydrothermal carbonization), Functionalisation and porosity development of produced chars, Application of resulting tailor-made carbon materials in heterogeneous catalysis and adsorption (e.g. CO2 capture in post-combustion), Application of produced chars as soil enhancers and CO2 sequestration agents.
Scholarship Award: The successful candidates will receive an attractive salary in accordance with the MSCA regulations for early stage researchers (see Work Programme 2016-17 at: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/wp/2016_2017/main/h2020-wp1617-msca_en.pdf). The exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment and is dependent on the country correction factor (to allow for the difference in cost of living in the different EU Member States). The salary includes a living allowance, a mobility allowance and a family allowance (if married). The guaranteed PhD funding is for 36 months. In addition to their individual scientific projects, all fellows will benefit from further continuing education, which includes internships and secondments, a variety of training modules as well as transferable skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences. A personalized Career Development Plan will be defined and monitored to guide ESRs through the career decision-making process.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility: Applicants need to fully respect three eligibility criteria:
- Early-stage researchers (ESR) are those who are, at the time of recruitment by the host, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged.
- Conditions of international mobility of researchers. At the time of selection by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.
- English language. Network Fellows (ESRs) must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
Nationality: International applicants can apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Required Education Level: Engineering: Master Degree or equivalent
Required Languages: English: Excellent
Skills/Qualifications: MSc in Chemical Engineering desirable
How to Apply: The filled Job Application Form must be sent as an electronic email attachment to: greencarbon-at-unizar.es. In addition to the Job Application Form, candidates should attach in the same email (in 1 zip file) the following documents:
- Two-page application letter containing research interests, skills, career plans and the reasons for applying.
- Academic transcript with grade point average
- Certificate proving date of award of degree which formally entitles to embark on a doctorate (if pending, a letter from the institution stating when it is expected to be awarded)
- Full CV including list of publications where applicable, information about timings of previous academic study and employment, and information about nationality/citizenship – please provide sufficient detail regarding where you have resided and/or engaged in work or study between 1st January 2014 and the date of submission.
- At least two letters of reference, or addresses of referees who have agreed to provide a reference (if referees prefer to send the references directly to the GreenCarbon consortium, please ask them to be emailed to greencarbon-at-unizar.es before the application deadline).
- For applicants from non-English speaking countries, please attach copies of recent English language certificates where available.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 15, 2017.
Change lives of international students by helping them achieving successful scholarships, financial aid and free education.
Scholarship-Positions.com was started in 2007 by Oxford University graduates for helping international students in finding suitable scholarships to study abroad.
We have helped thousands of students in securing scholarships and financial aid in the world’s top universities.
Our objective is to help international students in finding matching scholarships – just in time